with upcoming audition workshop details, as well as a copy of character lines which you can use to rehearse. Make sure to bring the character lines with you to the audition. Optionally, you might also want to prepare a song to perform for the director.
– Pay attention to upcoming audition dates for the shows you’re interested in.
– Read through the “audition lines” and “character lists descriptions” to help you determine which role is a best fit for you.
– Come to the audition. You only need to show up once during the posted audition hours/dates.
– The actual audition is very simple! Arrive any time during the posted hours. About 5-10 kids at a time are taken in to be seen. During that time you can read audition lines, sing a brief song, or do nothing at all.
– Our auditions are informal. We treat them like a brief performance workshop, where we’ll play performance games. We’re looking for how well you follow directions, how directable you are, and how comfortable and expressive you are on stage.
– After the audition, you’ll be given a handout with instructions on when/where to check on a role for the production, when rehearsals begin, and the date of the production’s Parent Meeting.
– All scripts, schedules, questions and rules are covered during the Parent Meeting. Registration fees are to be paid during the Parent Meeting as well.
I love TKTC! This is my 5th show and everyone at the theatre has become like an extended family! TKTC is like my second home where I go every weekend to sing, dance, act (especially) and have loads of fun! I am very excited about my new role as a TKTC intern! I love getting the chance to help younger kids develop and grow as aspiring actors or actresses. TKTC is a truly amazing place! — Peyton B.
Complete our online application on this page for one of our productions or download a PDF application and fill it out to bring to the next audition.
These acting classes for kids in Long Beach, California will be a
great experience for your child.
Participation fees and show-related costs will be announced at
the audition and collected during the first Parent Meeting.